Welcome to Tico Tico Villas Studio Apartments
We hope you find your stay comfortable and enjoyable while you are visiting Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica. If you have any questions, needs or concerns, please let us know. We can offer suggestions or handle concerns that arise. We wholeheartedly thank you for trusting us. Welcome to the Tico Tico Family.
Wi-Fi: Tico Tico Password: tico4321 (password is case sensitive)
Please contact us if you need help connecting or have concerns.
CHECK-IN: 3:00 pm CHECK-OUT: 12:00 pm (NOON)
Lock the Gate: Please close the main gate securely every time.
DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS. It is illegal, and it can spread diseases to their population. Wild animals can be aggressive. Iggy and our local iguanas on the property will move away if you keep walking. They only want the warm sun. Please Do Not Feed any animals in Costa Rica. They all have abundant food available in this sub-tropical environment.
Deliveries or Guests: Please meet them at the gate. Staff will not allow access to unregistered guests.
Smoking: No Smoking in any studios, on patios or at the pool. It is illegal in Costa Rica and against our policy. The smoking area is in the garden zone or outside, in front of the property.
Quiet Time: Before 7:00 am and after 9:00 pm. Please be considerate of your neighbor. Excessive noise, partying, or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated.
Pool: NO GLASS at the pool! Please use the plastic glasses provided for the poolside. Beer bottles are considered glass. If you break glass in the pool, the fee to you is $750.00 to drain, clean, and refill the pool.
- Pool Hours: 7:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Please shower off oils and lotions before entering the water
- No Glass or Food near the pool
- No Guard – Swim at your own risk
- No loud music or disturbances after 9:00 pm (Please be considerate of the wildlife and other guests.)
Pool/Beach Towels: Use the provided colored towels. Do not take the white towels to the beach or pool. Please ask if you need fresh pool towels.
Parking: DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN YOUR VEHICLE!!! Be it here or at the beach, etc…
- We can offer storage for belongings if needed.
- Park with consideration for other guests.
- Park at your own risk. We are not responsible for theft or damage to your vehicle.
SUGGESTIONS FOR YOUR COMFORT AND SAFETY
Think Green, please turn off your A/C and lights when leaving for an extended period.
A/C: * Message us and we will turn on the a/c in your room 30 minutes before your return.
* Do not set controls below 19c (66.2 degrees) It can freeze the unit and it will need to de-ice.
Elevator/Lift: Guests or Residents are not allowed to operate the lift. We will happily escort you and any items up and down as needed. Please ask us for assistance. (If you operate the elevator, you will be held liable for any damages. Security cameras are in use for your safety)
Guests: Please know the guest you allow on the property. You are responsible for their actions. Guests staying more than any 5 nights in a two-week period must provide a passport or ID and check-in. Policies apply. We reserve the right to escort guests off the property at our discretion.
Housekeeping: Is based on the policy of your stay. Please see the complete details on your booking agreement or policies. You can request fresh towels or trash service during office hours. Daily service is available for an additional fee. We create much less ecological waste with this concept. We thank you for your cooperation.
Maintenance or Repair: If something is not working, please tell us. We will do our best to make it right or explain why. Please use the contact us info below to report an issue.
Recycle: Please deposit your glass, aluminum, plastic and magazines, and cardboard into a bag, inside your room, or on the rear terrace for general pick-up. We do not offer to compost for our guests currently. Our recycle bins are near the laundry, on the back patio. Deposit there anytime.
Showers: Have insta-heaters. Adjust the flow slowly, the more water flowing, the less hot it will be. They are safe and are part of the charm of Costa Rica.
Septic: We are on a private septic system. ONLY toilet paper should be flushed. Please use trash bins for all personal hygiene, condoms, or other paper, food, or plastic products.
Safety: Please lock the front gate every time you enter or exit. Do not leave it open for people you are meeting. Wait for them at a set time at the gate. Our guests’ safety is very important to us. We have security cameras and are a safe property, but need your help to keep everyone secure
Trash: For Pick–up; Place your trash in a sealed plastic bag outside your door, between 6:00 am – 1:00 pm, Mon – Sunday. A community trash bin is located on the main road. It is the large green cage at the corner of Hotel California Rd, at the edge of the property. It is always open.
SERVICES AVAILABLE FOR YOUR STUDIO AND ENJOYMENT
Amenities: We have items available that you might need during your stay. Let us know if we can offer you any of these items: *Hair Dryer *Electric Water Kettle *Rice Maker *Blender *Electric Skillet *Cooking Oil *Bed Blanket *Pillow Options *Portable Fan *Iron and Board *Umbrella *Binoculars
Bus Service: The local bus starts at 6:00 am and stops at 10:00 pm. Use the app: MontonCR to track the bus positions on the local route, in real-time. National Bus Services of Tracopa: Check Routes and Hours here. *city names change when translated.
Concierge Services: With 15 years of living and traveling in Costa Rica we can help with your experience. We also offer copying or scanning services (fee), car, restaurant reservations, and discounted tour services.
Community Supplies: With our kitchenettes, we occasionally have guest donated cooking oil and other “barely used” kitchen items. We may also have guest-donated sunscreen or bug spray available. Please ask the office to see the community basket if you are interested.
Drying Items: Each studio has either a drying rack or a clothesline for drying. For guest aesthetics, remove clothes from the lines ASAP when dry. Please, do not put wash to dry on the front patio railings.
Drying Shoes: We can help you put your shoes in front of our big floor fan if needed.
Emergency Services: Call 911. Please contact us also, so we can assist you.
Health Services: Need some care. We can connect you with a Doctor, Dentist, Clinic, or Hospital.
Housekeeping: Daily Housekeeping is available for $25.00, per additional cleaning.
Laundry: We offer a “Fluff and Fold” service. Contact us to arrange this service. Please read the instruction note in your studio. $20.00 per bag. No shoes, special care, or dry cleaning accepted for laundry service.
Lost and Found: Please turn in anything found to our staff. If you have left something behind or lost something; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , give us the details or contact us on the property. We will do our best to help. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Massage, Spa, or Yoga: We can organize an in-room professional massage or suggest the best spa for your preferences. Prices vary per service. Please contact us for assistance.
Taxi Service: RED TAXI: (+506) 2777-0425 or 2777-3080 UBER drivers are very limited here. We can help to organize a private driver for you.
Tico Tico Villas guests can SAVE on each tour booked with us.
Tours: Tico Tico Villas guests can Save $5.00 on each tour booked with the Minisuper Tour Center on our property or before your arrival. Visit the minisuper for complete tour info or select your options at our website. We can help you match the most professional tour guide or experience to your personal interests. From December to April it is suggested that you book a minimum of 48 hours in advance for your best options.
Send an email or talk to us… for ease of booking; use our Contact us information below
Contact us: Via your booking platform email@example.com instagram.com/ticoticovillascr/
Office: (+506) 4701 5179 WhatsApp at: +1(215) 874 5740 Vernita or (+506) 8717 6012 Eugene
INFO FOR YOUR NEEDS AND ENJOYMENT
Emergency Services: If you have any problems or get lost in Manuel Antonio, we are available to help.
Emergency Police or Medical Services 911
Quepos Police Dept. 2777 3608
Quepos Fire Dept. 2777 0308
Fire Emergencies: 1118
Ambulance/Paramedic Service: 8380 4125
Tico Tico Office: +506 4701 5179 Vernita: +1 (215) 874 5740 Eugene: +506 8717 6012
Medico Quepos Clinic: 2777 1727 or 4000 2224 Clinic Hospital Metropolitano: 4070 4040 or 2519 9733 Quepos: Hospital Max Terán Valls: 7km from Quepos 24 HR Emergency Services or Tourism Care Medical Services: (Private) For road, air paramedic and ambulance service throughout Costa Rica (2286-1818) THIS PRIVATE SERVICE CAN BE EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE.
Dental Emergency: We can help you with appointments with local dentists.
Banking/Exchange Money: ATMs are located at banks only. Banco Costa Rica(BCR) and Banco Promerica are available in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. ATM’s dispense Colones and US Dollars. A passport is required for in-bank services and to exchange money. Sunglasses and hats must be removed when entering a bank.
Beaches: Beaches are public except in National Parks. The Map link below can display all beaches. Be cautious of tides and do not leave valuables unattended. You can ask another beach patron to help if you want to go for a swim. Surf and Tide info is here. Playa Espadilla, is the main beach, Playa Biesanz has good water activities, Playa La Macha, is a nearby locals beach. It is harder to access, and no services. *Playa Playitta, the LGBTQI meeting place *(low tide accessible only) Playa Matapalo, is a 30-minute drive South. Seldom busy, but stronger currents.
Chiropractor: Constance Bishoff 2777 4357 (by appointment)
Crime: Please report all crimes or incidents to us. We can assist with the proper contacts for a report.
Flights within Costa Rica: You can fly to many locations in Costa Rica and experience the country from a different perspective, arriving safely and quickly. The flight from Quepos to San Jose is less than 20 minutes. Our tour center can help you book your flight. Or we suggest calling Sansa Airline direct. Use this link to see the English or Spanish-speaking contact numbers. The website tariffs are not always current. For the best offers, it is best to call or book with our Tour Center.
Gyms: Gimnasio Mucho Musculo 5:00am-9:00pm 4702 8914 or MA Fitness 6:00am-8:00pm 2777 6767
Map of Quepos/Manuel Antonio: Zoom in to view Quepos and Manuel Antonio on Google Maps.
Natural Disaster and Emergency Action Plan: Ie; Earthquake, fire, landslide, etc…
- Stay calm and move to an immediate safe area.
- Assess the situation and notify staff if possible.
- Assemble in the parking lot of Tico Tico Villas until the staff announces it is safe to re-enter the property.
- Advise us of any medical needs
- The Staff will notify the local authorities when necessary.
- In case of a serious natural disaster meet at the Catholic Church in Quepos.
Parking: We strongly advise you not to leave any valuables in your car. If they see anything, they may steal it! At the Beach and Manuel Antonio Park, all parking areas are private pay-to-park zones. For a fee they will attend to your car. (c4,000.00 or $7 to $8 US is typical) Check a map before driving to the beach to find the area you wish to visit and park at. We suggest you pay for parking and not take random advice from social media platforms.
Power Service Outage: In the rainforest, we can experience random outages for many reasons. You have a flashlight in your room and emergency and motion-activated lights on the property. If power has not been restored after 30 minutes or longer during the evening hours, candles will be distributed by the management.
Taxi Service: RED TAXI: (+506) 2777-0425 or 2777-3080 (In General Spanish only) We will be happy to call for you. Often, you can walk right to the road and hail a taxi, if they are not in use. You can ask about the cost before you jump in.
Private Drivers: Chato: 8365 5855 (Available 7am to 7pm ONLY*)
Taxis Colectivo: A typical and economical way to get around but use at your own risk. These cars are independently owned. If a car flashes its lights and beeps at you….it’s a colectivo taxi. They only drive the main road from Quepos to the Beach and you ask them to stop when you reach your destination. A colectivo is c600 per ride, per person, currently.
Tours; Our favorites:
- Zip Lining: El Santuario Tour: Highest and longest lines. December to April we prefer this as the first tour of the day.
- Rafting: Amigo Del Rios has options for every level of experience. This local family has 30+ years of river expertise.
- Catamaran Sunset Ocean Tour: A catamaran tour along our coast, looking for dolphins and whales that includes snorkeling, and lunch.
- Chocolate/Coffee Tour: Discover and taste these local treats. Fun and informative for all ages.
- Brisa Eleganté: This wood sailing ship is unique in Costa Rica. See our coast from a new perspective.
- Night Tour at Rainmaker: The only tour with dinner included on their private jungle park.
- Butterfly and Holistic Plant Tour: Biophilia Park is one of the newest educational tours in Quepos. Great for all ages.
- KSTR: Kid’s Saving the Rain Forest Sanctuary recovers and rehabilitates injured monkeys and sloths in an educational environment.
RESTAURANTS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT
Restaurants: What we list is just a taste of what is available. A quick Google search will let you see menus and reviews of most of these restaurants. By talking to locals, ex-pats, and other tourists, and the social sites, you can see the incredible variety available. Hours can vary with the season.
Breakfast Early: Art Hostel Costa Linda serves breakfast from 6:30 am and is located very near the park. Basic and simple.
Walking Distance of Tico Tico Villas:
- El Arado: Mention Tico Tico Villas for a free drink. Local food. Lunch and Dinner 12:30 – 9:30pm
- Blues Restaurant and Bar at Hotel Mono Azul: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Opens at 7:00 am, (hours vary)
- Rastas at Hotel Mimos: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. 6:30am – 9:30pm
- Bambú Jam at Tabulia Tree Hotel.: Breakfast, Dinner, and bar with live music 7:00am – 11:30pm
- Ranchito at Hostel Plino. A young and casual vibe. Lunch and Dinner 12:30 – 10:00pm
Top 10 Favorites!
- Emilio’s Café: Amazing views, coffee, desserts, and full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu.
- El Avion: You must hang out at the airplane restaurant. Good pizza, lunch, dinner, and views.
- Falafel Bar: Casual Mediterranean restaurant with authentic food. Lunch and Dinner
- Café Milagro: Costa Rican coffee, nice vibe, and food. Buy your coffee to take home here!
- Aúga Azul: Casual Lunch and Dinner. I always feel like I am on vacation here. Ocean-views.
- Tentación: Smoothies, Coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. It is a local’s favorite in Quepos.
- Barbara Roja: Burger Night Tuesday! Happy hour 4-6. Dynamite Sunsets, food, and live music.
- Enzó’s Sushi: Sushi options. Dine-in or Delivery is available.
- La Luna: Fine Dining at the Gaia Hotel. Do not miss the sunset views of the entire coast.
- El Largato: Steak and Seafood on open wood grills. Reservations suggested. Lunch and Dinner
- Varuna Plant-Based Food & Juice Bar: Vegan heaven at the bus stop near Hotel Divismar.
Casual – Local: Where we eat most often are Sodas. Simple, typical food, and reasonably priced.
- Soda Simplé: Quepos
- Soda Sanchez: Quepos
- Plancha Sánta: Manuel Antonio (Great burgers and fries)
- Vista Verde: Manuel Antonio
- Zamir’s Pizza: Quepos
- Boca Boca: Good Food. With delivery service. Lunch and Dinner 7266 9810 12:00pm – 10:30pm
- Un Rojo Comido Rapido: Burritos, Quesadillas, Nachos, etc…Fast Food delivered 2777-1100 3:30pm-10:30pm
- Mountain Top Park: The highest point in Manuel Antonio with 360 views. Happy Hour 4-6 pm
- Agua Azul’s: A tourist favorite in Manuel Antonio with 180 views and good food.
- Runaway Grill at the Marina Pezz Vela; Marina and sunset views with casual, delicious eats. (Best sunsets Dec to June)
- Barbara Roja: Burger Night Tuesday! Happy Hour 4-6 pm. Dynamite Sunsets (Best sunsets Dec to June)
- Ronny’s Place: Fresh seafood and tropical drinks. Sunset reservations are suggested. Very popular! (Best sunsets Dec to June)
- Rafael’s Terrace: Fresh Seafood, typical dishes, and often wildlife close by. Lovely views from the terrace